Frequently Asked Questions About Liquor
Click on a question below to see the answer.
- Do I have to send an employee registration form when renewing a liquor license even though the employees have not changed?
- What is the minimum age requirement for working in a liquor store?
You must be at least 21 years of age to work in a liquor store.
- Can a liquor retailer also be a liquor distributor?
- Can coupons be used in a liquor store?
Only in-house coupons may be used.
- How long does it take to get approval on a new Supplier or Brand?
Normal processing is seven days.
- What do I need to register a new brand or item?
A $25 fee per item; one label; a copy of BATF approval; franchise agreement, if not on file; and a copy of Discus must be mailed to the Department of Revenue.
- Can a supplier ship directly into Kansas to a liquor store?
No. Kansas requires all suppliers to have a franchise agreement with a Kansas distributor and all shipments must go through the distributor.