Forms and Publications - Sales
Please be advised that the state sales tax rate for Kansas has changed to 6.15% effective July 1, 2013. A list of current jurisdictions and their corresponding tax rates can be found in the Jurisdictions Code Booklet (Pub. KS-1700). See also Notice 13-08: State Sales Tax Rate Change.
Since July 1, 2010, businesses have been required to submit Retailers’ Sales Compensating Use and Withholding Tax returns electronically.
The development and use of paperless formats promotes efficiency, reduces processing costs and therefore, aids in reducing the overall cost of government. Customers can call 785-368-8222 for more information.
The page numbers on instructions may not be consecutive.
- Retailers’ Sales Tax Return (ST-16) Single Jurisdiction Filers
- Sales Tax TeleFile Booklet and Voucher (ST-16TEL)
- Retailers’ Sales Tax Return (ST-36) Multiple Jurisdiction Filers/Prepaid Monthly Filers and Voucher (ST-36V)
- Utility Companies Supplement (ST-36, Part IV)
- Sales and Use Tax Refund Application (ST-21)
- Sales And Use Tax Refund Application For Use By Project Exemption Certificate (PEC) Entities (ST-21PEC)
- Schedule for Refund of Sales Tax on Electricity, Gas or Water (ST-33)
- Affidavit of Delivery of a Motor Vehicle, Semitrailer, Pole Trailer or Aircraft to a Nonresident of Kansas (ST-8B)
- Bracket Cards - Sales tax tables
based on amount of sales
- Sales and Compensating Use Tax Exemption Certificates
Publications assist in understanding the provisions of Kansas tax laws and regulations and are designed for informational purposes only. The contents should not be used as authority to support a technical position.
- Business Taxes for Hotels, Motels & Restaurants (KS-1540)
- Kansas Application for Sales Tax Exemption Certificates (KS-1528)
- Local Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Local Sales Tax Rates by Jurisdiction (KS-1700)
- Sales and Compensating Use Tax (KS-1510)
- Sales and Use Tax for Contractors, Subcontractors and Repairmen (KS-1525)
- Sales and Use Tax for Kansas Political Subdivisions (KS-1527)
- Sales and Use Tax for Motor Vehicle Transactions (KS-1526)
- Sales and Use Tax for the Agricultural Industry (KS-1550)
- Sales and Use Tax Refund (KS-1220)
- Sales Tax Exemption Information and Certificates (KS-1520)
- Tax Guide for Schools and Educational Institutions (KS-1560)
- Application of Kansas Sales Tax to the Sale of Propane
- Businesses that Sell and Service Appliances and Electronic Products (EDU-28)
- Contractors and Contractor-Retailers (EDU-26)
- Fabricators (EDU-27)
- How Kansas Motor Vehicle Dealers and Leasing Companies Should Charge Sales Tax on Leases (EDU-32A)
- How Kansas Motor Vehicle Dealers Should Charge Sales Tax on Vehicle Sales (EDU-31A)
- Lawn & Garden Care, Pest Control, Fertilizer Application, Landscaping & Retail Sales (EDU-30)
- Sales Taxation and Sourcing of Telecommunications Services (EDU-65)
- Taxing Charges for Computer Products and Services and Internet Related Sales and Services (EDU-71R)