Forms and Publications - Transient Guest
Important information regarding the transient guest tax system
As part of the Kansas Department of Revenue’s continuing effort to simplify return filing and payment options, a new transient guest tax system will soon be implemented.
- Transient guest tax accounts are being assigned a new account number.
- The Kansas Transient Guest Tax Return (TG-1) has been revised and should be used for Transient Guest returns beginning with June 2015. The size of the return has been reduced and deductions are now found on the back of the return.
- A blank TG-1 return can be printed from below.
- If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us at 785-368-8222.
- Electronic filing is now available, see Notice below
Some Kansas cities and counties impose a transient guest tax (in addition to the sales tax) on the rental of rooms, lodging, or other sleeping accommodations. The guest tax applies when there are more than two bedrooms furnished for the accommodations of guests and when the room is rented for 28 consecutive days or less. Contact your city or county clerk for the appropriate local rate for your area.
- Transient Guest E-File Notice
- Transient Guest Tax (TG-1)
- Transient Guest Tax Rate and Filer Report
- Transient Guest Tax Voucher(TG-V1)
Publications assist in understanding the provisions of Kansas tax laws and regulations and are designed for informational purposes only. The contents should not be used as authority to support a technical position.
- Business Taxes for Hotels, Motels & Restaurants (KS-1540)
- Sales Tax Exemption Information and Certificates (KS-1520)