Please Note: Do NOT send the Intangibles Tax Return to the Kansas Department of Revenue. File your Local Intangibles Tax Return with your County Clerk on or before April 15.

The intangibles tax is a local tax levied on gross earnings received from intangible property such as savings accounts, stocks, bonds, accounts receivable, and mortgages. It is not to be confused with the state income tax which is used to support state government. All Kansas residents and corporations owning taxable property and every nonresident owning accounts receivable or other intangible property with a Kansas business situs, receiving earnings from this property during the calendar year or fiscal year, must file an intangibles tax return with your county clerk by April 15 if the tax due is $5 or more.

Links to Intangibles Information: