Kansas Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Plate
An EMS plate may be issued for an auto, motorcycle or truck registered for 20,000 lbs. or less which is titled or leased in Kansas in the name of the EMS associate.
To qualify you must:
- Be employed in the Emergency Medical Services field.
- Be a Kansas resident or a member of the military who is not a Kansas resident and is stationed at a Kansas military base or office.
- Vehicle must be titled in Kansas in the name of the applicant or the leasing company from which the applicant is leasing the vehicle.
Steps to obtain the plate:
- Go to the Kansas Board of Emergency Medical Services web page to obtain the Distinctive Plate License Plate Certification. The form page address is: http://ksbems.org/ems/forms/Tag_Authorization_Form.pdf. Follow the instructions on the form.
- Make application and submit the completed Distinctive Plate License Plate Certification at your local county treasurer’s motor vehicle office.
- Proof of valid insurance must be present at the time of application.
Fee for the Emergency Medical Services plate:
- A one-time $40 distinctive plate fee is due upon initial application and issuance, in addition to standard registration fees and property taxes.
Related Kansas Statute(s):
KSA 8-1,141, 8-1,159
Additional Content Information
Any questions should be addressed to the Kansas Board of Emergency Medical Services at 785-296-7296, or Visit the Kansas Board of Emergency Medical Services web site at: http://www.ksbems.org/ems/.