Gold Star Mother Plate
A Gold Star Mother plate may be issued for an auto, motorcycle, or truck registered for 20,000 lbs. or less which is titled in Kansas in the name of the applicant or leased by the same.
A generous donation from Neva Heiselman, Holton, Kansas, paid for the issuance of these license plates.
To qualify you must:
- Be the mother of a service member killed on active duty.
- Be a Kansas resident or a member of the military who is not a Kansas resident and is stationed at a Kansas military base or office.
- Vehicle must be titled in Kansas in the name of the applicant or the leasing company from which the applicant is leasing the vehicle.
Steps to obtain the plate:
- Provide one of the following:
- A DD1300-Report of Casualty or a Death Certificate
- A DD2064-Died in Theatre or
- A DD93 form which states the soldier died on active duty and will name the soldiers parents.
- Proof of valid insurance must be present at the time of application.
Fee for Gold Star Mother plate:
- Regular registration fees are due at the time of application or renewal. Property tax must be paid for the vehicle registered with a Gold Star Mother plate.
Related Kansas Statute(s):