Gold Star Mother Plate
A Gold Star Mother plate may be issued for an auto, motorcycle, or truck registered for 20,000 lbs. or less which is titled in Kansas in the name of the applicant or leased by the same.
A generous donation from Neva Heiselman, Holton, Kansas, paid for the issuance of these license plates.
To qualify you must:
- Be the mother of a service member killed on active duty.
- Be a Kansas resident.
- Vehicle must be titled in Kansas in the name of the applicant or the leasing company from which the applicant is leasing the vehicle.
Steps to obtain the plate:
- Provide a DD1300-Report of Casualty
- Proof of valid insurance must be present at the time of application.
Fee for Gold Star Mother plate:
- Regular registration fees are due at the time of application or renewal. Property tax must be paid for the vehicle registered with a Gold Star Mother plate.
Related Kansas Statute(s):