Did you know that a large portion of the services provided by the Kansas Department of Revenue are available online? Please see the information below on services available and how you can contact various divisions within the Department of Revenue.
Division of Taxation:
Under Governor Laura Kelly’s Executive Order #20-13, tax filing and payment deadlines have been extended. See the executive order here: https://governor.kansas.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/EO-20-13-Executed.pdf.
- Filing and payment deadlines for individual income tax, fiduciary income tax, corporate income tax, and privilege taxes are now July 15, 2020.
- Fiduciary income tax, corporate income tax, and privilege tax filing and payment for fiscal year filers with due dates between April 15, 2020 and July 15, 2020, to conform to the extended due date of July 15, 2020, established by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Homestead or property tax relief refund claims normally due on April 15 are extended to October 15, 2020.
Only regular claims and filing forms need to be submitted.
To request a specific tax form, please call 785-296-4937 and leave a message.
NOTE: Payment transactions originally scheduled to be made between now and April 15 will proceed as planned. To change the transaction date, email us at KDOR_TAC@ks.gov (KDOR_TAC@ks.gov) before noon on April 14.
- Your name;
- Transaction amount; and
- The last four (4) digits of your Social Security Number.
Customers with general tax questions can also use the KDOR_TAC@ks.gov (KDOR_TAC@ks.gov) email address
To file a state tax return for free, use Kansas WebFile!
For technical questions including assistance with logging in and passwords, contact the Kansas.gov Help Center:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: (785) 296-5059 or toll free (800) 452-6727 from 8 am - 5 pm CST, Monday - Friday
Need to check the status of a refund? Click the button below.
Check Refund Status
For more information about a tax filing, your refund, or other general tax questions, please contact the Tax Assistance Center by email at KDOR_TAC@ks.gov.
Division of Property Valuation (PVD)
Support will resume for Kansas county appraisers and property owners.
email@example.com – General questions
Driver's Licenses & Vehicle Registrations:
Governor Laura Kelly’s Executive Order #20-12 extended deadlines for driver’s licenses and vehicle registrations. All driver’s license renewals and vehicle registrations extended by this Executive Order must be completed within 60 days of the expiration of Executive Order #20-12.
Governor Kelly’s executive order can be found here: https://governor.kansas.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/EO-20-12-Executed.pdf.
Have questions? Leave us an email!
Please include your name, date of birth, current address and driver’s license number with your e-mail.
- Driver’s Licenses: KDOR_DL@KS.GOV (KDOR_DL@KS.GOV)
- Driver Solutions: KDOR_DC@KS.GOV (KDOR_DC@KS.GOV)
- Commercial Driver’s License: KDOR_DL@KS.GOV (KDOR_DL@KS.GOV)
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Office: KDOR_MC@KS.GOV (KDOR_MC@KS.GOV)
- Medical/Vision Review: KDOR_MEDICAL.VISIONUNIT@KS.GOV (KDOR_MEDICAL.VISIONUNIT@KS.GOV)
- Titles & Registration: KDOR_TR@KS.GOV (KDOR_TR@KS.GOV)
Questions about your vehicle registration should be directed to your local county treasurer’s office.
In addition to the extensions, these services can be conducted online at iKan.ks.gov or on mobile devices through the iKan application.
Driver’s License Renewal Criteria:
- License is within 12 months before or after your expiration date
- US Citizen
- License is in a valid status
- You have had a vision test in the last 12 months in Kansas
- You do not have a CDL
- You are not a registered offender
- You are between the ages of 21-50
- You did not complete your last renewal online
- Your residential and mailing address must be the same as your last license issuance, as this is where your license will be mailed.
Vehicle Registration Renewal Criteria:
- You must not have moved since you last renewed the vehicle
- The county shown on your renewal form must be correct
- Vehicle must currently be registered in Kansas
- Vehicle must be insured by a participating insurance company
- Vehicle must be eligible to receive a PIN. Your PIN is shown on the renewal notice
Alcoholic Beverage Control
All services typically provided through ABC Online are available. These services include:
- Applying for or renewing a liquor license
- Brand/Label registration
- Paying liquor fines
Click the button below to go access ABC Online:
Alcoholic Beverage Control Contact Information
KDOR_abc.firstname.lastname@example.org - General questions
email@example.com - Liquor license and permit questions
firstname.lastname@example.org - Drug tax, liquor drink tax, liquor enforcement tax or bond questions
email@example.com - Gallonage tax and brand registration questions
KDOR_LAA@ks.gov – Submit complaints, report a potential liquor or CMB violation or ask legal questions.