Families of the Fallen Plate
A Families of the Fallen plate may be issued for an auto, motorcycle or truck registered for 20,000 lbs. or less which is titled or leased in Kansas in the name of the next of kin of the deceased military personnel.
To qualify you must:
- A person may make application for a Kansas Families of the Fallen plate who is a Department of Defense recognized next of kin of deceased military personnel.
- Be a Kansas resident or a member of the military who is not a Kansas resident and is stationed at a Kansas military base or office.
- Vehicle must be titled in Kansas in the name of the applicant or the leasing company from which the applicant is leasing the vehicle.
- Meet the conditions and/or requirements as listed on the Families of the Fallen License Plate Application, form TR-20. Complete and sign the form, which is on the web at: http://www.ksrevenue.org/pdf/tr20.pdf.
Steps to obtain the plate:
- Make application and submit the completed and signed Families of the Fallen License Plate Application, form TR-20 at your local county treasurer’s motor vehicle office.
- Proof of valid insurance must be present at the time of application.
Fee for Families of the Fallen plate:
- Regular registration fees are due at the time of application or renewal. Property tax must be paid for the vehicle registered with a Families of the Fallen plate.
Related Kansas Statute(s):