Exemption Certificate Welcome Page

You will need to:

  • 1. Sign-in or register with KS Webtax.
  • 2. Select one of the below exemption certificate types.
  • 3. Complete and submit an exemption certificate application.

Tax Entity Exemption Certificates: The department issues numbered exemption certificates to a specified group of entities and organizations exempt from sales tax under K.S.A. 79-3606. See Exemption Certificate frequently asked questions for more information.

State Rate Increase Exemption Certificate for Contractors: This is a special exemption certificate for contractors with a binding written construction contract dated prior to May 1, 2015 that will exempt the sales and use tax rate increase of 0.35% from labor services and materials to be incorporated into the construction project.

Project Exemption Certificates (PECs) / Agent Status: This is a special application for governments, schools, hospitals and other statutory identified organizations to apply for and obtain an exemption for indirect purchases by a contractor.

Enterprise Zone Project Exemption Certificates (EZPECs): An EZPEC allows exempt purchases of materials or services used in business construction as identified in K.S.A. 79-3606(cc).  Machinery and equipment purchased and installed at the business may also be exempt from sales tax.

Manufacturer / Processor Exemption Numbers: This is a number issued by the department to be used in conjunction with the Consumed in Production Exemption Certificate (ST-28C), Ingredient or Component Part Exemption Certificate (ST-28D), or Integrated Production Machinery and Equipment Exemption Certificate (ST-201).

Access Kansas Application for Sales Tax Exemption Certificates (Pub. KS-1528): User Guide included

Retailer Verification of a Tax Entity Exemption Certificate: This application provides a way for retailers to verify Kansas Tax Entity Exemption Numbers being presented at the time of purchase.

Businesses and Tax Exemptions:Some purchases made by businesses, such as the purchase of goods or merchandise intended for resale, are exempt from sales tax. A complete listing of exemptions and the exemption forms are located in publication KS-1520.

Should you have any questions or require assistance, please feel free to contact us at 785-296-3081 or by email: kdor_exemptcert@ks.gov.