Tax Appeal Guides:
Appeal Preparation Guide - answers the questions:
- What can I do if I believe the value of my property is too high?
- What information should I request and review in advance?
- What facts should I bring to a meeting or hearing?
- What can I expect during an informal meeting with the county appraiser?
- What is a hearing before the Board's Small Claims Division like?
- What is a Kansas Board of Tax Appeals (BOTA) hearing like?
- Can someone else attend hearings on my behalf?
- If I bought this property last year, shouldn't the value be the same as what I paid for it?
- Who has the "Burden of Proof"?
Property Tax Appeal Guide - answers the questions:
- Why do county appraisers appraise property?
- How is property valued for taxes?
- What is fair market value and how is it determined?
- Should I appeal the value of my property?
- How do I appeal?
- Notice of Value - Appeal
Paying under Protest - Appeal
- What are the "Burdens of Proof" on Appeal?
You may contact the State Court
of Tax Appeals at: