Liquor Enforcement

One of the highest priorities of ABC Enforcement is to make it as easy as possible for liquor licensees to stay in compliance with state laws and regulations administered by ABC and the Department of Revenue. To accomplish this, Enforcement agents:

  • provide training to liquor licensees to help them understand licensing requirements so they can stay in compliance,
  • conduct investigations and enforcement activities related to possible violations that affect public safety,
  • perform hidden ownership investigations to ensure that only qualified persons have an interest in liquor licensed businesses in Kansas.
  • provide training on the most effective methods to investigate and enforce liquor laws to local law enforcement officers/agencies.
  • work with health organizations, schools and other interested coalitions on strategies to educate youth on the safety and health dangers related to drinking in order to reduce underage drinking.

ABC Enforcement Agents are Kansas certified law enforcement officers and are authorized to issue citations for administrative and criminal violations found in the course of their work. They are located throughout the State and work in all 105 counties.

Prevention of Underage Drinking

Underage drinking is a problem in Kansas as it is throughout the United States. It poses a public safety threat to everyone, as well as threatens the health and welfare of our youth. To combat the risks involved with underage drinking and develop methods to reduce underage drinking and the many other problems associated with it, Enforcement Agents work cooperatively with:

  • Other state agencies,
  • local agencies,
  • all law enforcement agencies,
  • community coalitions and
  • the alcoholic beverage industry.

We also encourage and solicit the support of parents and families, school representatives and all Kansans in the effort to reduce underage drinking.

Frequently Asked Questions

Go to the “Contact Us” page on our website to find your assigned enforcement agent.
Yes. However, that decision is up to the district court judge in the county where the criminal violation is filed.
Yes. If you are convicted, the violation remains on your record unless it is expunged.
A customer that would meet legal requirements can bring a firearm, either concealed or in open-carry, into a business. If the business owner wants to forbid this they are required to post signage that prohibits this. A description of the specific signage that is to be used can be found on the Kansas Attorney General's website


Go here to contact your local law enforcement agent.