A licensed microdistillery may also apply for a microdistillery packaging and warehousing facility, drinking establishment or caterer's license.
- Handbook for Microdistilleries
- Microdistillery Activities and Applicable Taxes
- Liquor Licensee Information Brochure (ABC-899)
- Department of Agriculture Microdistillery Licensing Guide
- Instructions to Submit Request for Special Event
Microdistilleries are also required to register each label of alcohol and spirits manufactured prior to sale. There is no charge for a microdistillery to register their labels.
- New applicants are required to obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) prior to submitting your application for liquor licensure if they do not already possess their FEIN. For more information, go to: http://www.irs.gov/
- You must register for business taxes. Choose either the online option or paper form below.
- All applicants must have a valid Tax Clearance Certificate from the Kansas Department of Revenue for the entity. Apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate using your entity's FEIN.
To use the online system you must pay using an electronic check or credit/debit card. Please note that the payment processing vendor charges a service charge for electronic payments, $1.50 for an electronic check and 2.5 percent of the total for credit/debit card use.
Print and Mail
Save the forms to your computer, then complete the forms, save, print and sign. Submit completed forms with your check, money order or bank draft. Credit or debit cards are not accepted for paper applications.
**You must have an active Microdistillery license before you are eligible for a Microdistillery Packaging and Warehousing Facilities license.
- Kansas Liquor License Application and Instructions (ABC-800)
- Financial Disclosure (ABC-801)
- Request for Permanent Premise Approval (ABC-806)
- License Bond – select either the Escrow Bond or Surety Bond below.
- Submit a copy of your approved TTB Basic Permit (TTB F 5100.24) to distill liquor.
- Submit a copy of your completed TTB Alcohol Dealer Registration (TTB F 5630.5d)
Brand Registration and Label Approval Forms
Microdistillery Monthly Return and Report
If you have questions or need assistance, visit our Contact Us page to locate your assigned licensing representative.