Any Kansas vineyard with 100 or more grapevines may apply for a permit which allows the vineyard to purchase wine at wholesale from the Kansas farm winery that purchased their grapes which contains all or part of the grapes grown by the vineyard. The permit authorizes the vineyard to sell their wine in the original unopened container. If the vineyard is located in a county that allows liquor-by-the-drink, it may offer tastings and sell its wine by the glass.
- New applicants are required to obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) prior to submitting your application for liquor licensure if they do not already possess their FEIN. For more information, go to: http://www.irs.gov/
- You must register for business taxes. Choose either the online option or paper form below.
- All applicants must have a valid Tax Clearance Certificate from the Kansas Department of Revenue for the entity. Apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate using your entity's FEIN.
- Vineyard Permit Application and Agreement (ABC-1018)
- Submit a copy of your approved TTB Basic Permit (TTB F 5100.24) to wholesale.
- Submit a copy of your completed TTB Alcohol Dealer Registration (TTB F 5630.5d)
- Business Tax Application Booklet (KS-1216)
If you have questions or need assistance, visit our Contact Us page to locate your assigned licensing representative.