Charitable Gaming License Information
2018 Legislative Changes: House Bill No. 2194, an act relating to instant bingo vending machines was passed. Check back periodically for forthcoming updates.
The prize limit for regular call bingo games in a session will be $1,263 effective July 1, 2018.
Conducting of bingo games and raffles is limited to non-profit religious, charitable, fraternal, educational and veterans organizations.
The license period for all charitable gaming licenses runs from July 1 through June 30.
Bingo Application Fees
- Bingo Organization = $25
- Bingo Distributor = $500 an additional $1,000 bond is required.
- Bingo Premise = $100
Raffle License Fees
If annual (July through June) gross receipts exceed:
- $25,000 but do not exceed $50,000 = $25
- $50,000 but do not exceed $75,000 = $50
- $75,000 but do not exceed $100,000 = $75
- $100,000 or more = $100
Gross receipts are based on the sale of raffle tickets only.
All license application questions must be answered. The Charitable Gaming Administrator reserves the right to request additional information or deny the application. Definitions of the five types of nonprofit organizations can be found in the Charitable Gaming Statutes. The organization must inform the Charitable Gaming Administrator within 30 days of any changes in the information supplied in its most recent new or renewal application.
To apply for a charitable gaming license online, sign into the Kansas Department of Revenue Customer Service Center.
- Initial Application (BI-60)
- Initial Application Checklist (BI-7)
- Report of Organization Trust Account (BI-56)
- Renewal Application (BI-160)
- Bingo Daily Record (BI-5)
- Organization’s Monthly Report (BI-1)
- Change of Play (BI-10)
- Organization Change of Officers, Directors, Officials or Persons Employed on Bingo Premises (BI-66)
- Beneficiary Organization Assisting with Bingo Session (BI-6)
- Complaints Flyer
Each nonprofit organization must apply for and receive a charitable raffle license at least 30 days prior to selling raffle tickets.
Handbook and Newsletter
Listings of Licensed Bingo Organizations and Distributors
PO Box 750680
Topeka, KS 66675-0680
120 SE 10th Ave
Topeka, KS 66612-1103
785-368-8222, option 5, then option 4
Frequently Asked Questions
A group of friends wants to sponsor a raffle for medical expenses for a family in their community. Is that legal?
What is required to be on a raffle ticket for a licensed organization whose gross receipts for raffle ticket sales exceeds $25,000?
- Name of the licensed nonprofit organization;
- Kansas raffle license number of the licensed nonprofit organization;
- The word “Raffle”;
- Date, time and location of the raffle drawing;
- Price of the raffle ticket;
- A statement indicating if the participant must be present to win; and
- A unique sequential identification number on the raffle ticket and the raffle ticket stub.