Business Tax Types - Bingo
If you have questions call the bingo administrator at 785-296-6127. Also, be sure and view our 2 new videos that talk about the legislative changes in 2011 as they pertain to Bingo!
Kansas law permits non-profit religious, educational, charitable, fraternal and veterans organizations to conduct bingo games in which the players are charged for participation if the organization first obtains a bingo license from the Kansas Department of Revenue. No license is required if a bingo game sponsor offers free bingo games or merely encourages a voluntary contribution. Bingo licenses cost $25 and are good for 12 months commencing on July 1 of each year.
Kansas law requires that any person or business which leases facilities or premises to an organization for the conduct of bingo games on a daily basis or charges rent based upon the organization's revenue from bingo games must be registered and is subject to various restrictions. Bingo premises registration certificates cost $100 and are good for twelve months commencing on July 1 of each year.
Kansas law also requires that any person or business which sells disposible paper bingo faces or pull-tabs to an organization with a bingo license must be registered and is subject to various restrictions. Bingo premises registration certificates cost $500 and are good for twelve months commencing on July 1 of each year. A one-time cash bond of $1,000 is also required.
The bingo statutes may be found at K.S.A. 79-4701 et seq. and the bingo regulations may be found at K.A.R. 92-23-9 et seq. Copies are available from the Administrator. The statutes may also be viewed online at http://www.kslegislature.org/
The Administrator of Charitable Gaming reports to the Secretary of Revenue and is responsible for coordinating all licensing, compliance and tax collection activities relating to charitable bingo in Kansas. The Administrator can be contacted as follows:
Administrator of Charitable
Docking State Office Building
915 SW Harrison Street
Topeka, KS 66625-3512
Persons wanting to meet with the administrator should make an appointment, since the administrator is often away from the office visiting bingo games.
Licensed organizations, premises and distributors in Kansas
- Beneficiary Organization to Assist with Bingo
- Bingo Handbook
- Change of Play Form
- Daily Record
- Distributor's Monthly Tax Return (BI-4)
- Initial Application for Bingo License (BI-60)
- Initial Application for Registration of Bingo Distributor (BI-158)
- Initial Application for Registration of Bingo Premises (BI-148)
- Organization change of officers, directors, officials or persons employed on bingo premises (BI-66)
- Organization's Monthly Report (BI-1)
- Report of Organization Trust Account (BI-56)
- Renewal Application for Bingo Distributors (BI-178)
- Renewal Application for Bingo Organizations (BI-160)
- Renewal Application for Bingo Premises (BI-168)