What are Web Services?
Web Services provide you with direct access to the Kansas Department of Revenue's technology platform. Using the Web Service we provide, you can access Sales tax rate data using address and/or zip code information and tie the data into your shopping cart checkout process or accounting system in real time.
How do I use KDOR's Web Services?
- Create a free retailer account.
- Download the WSDL (Web Service Description Language) from the secured retailer account area (available after creating your account). A WSDL is a document written in XML which describes a Web service. It specifies the location of the service and the operations (or methods) the service exposes.
- Integrate KDOR's Web Service into your existing application. To do this, you must be familiar with the code your shopping cart is written in, and also the code must be modifiable.
- SSTP Documentation
- Rates and Boundaries Database Paper (from www.streamlinedsalestax.org - updated Aug. 2005)
- Design Document Call Logic Flow
- WSDL (Web Service Description Language) Document
- Result Codes
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Streamlined Sales Tax
Please check to make sure you have the latest Rates and Boundaries Instructional Paper, as it was updated by the National Streamlined Sales Tax Group in August 2005. This paper has made some slight changes to the records layout. They include a one character designator at the beginning of each record to designate that it is an address, five digit zip code, or nine digit zip code record.
Boundary and Rate Tables
IMPORTANT: Beginning with Jan. 2009, the boundary file addresses will no longer be consolidated. This means that the file will now contain 500,000+ records and will be in a zip archive with the rate file. You will need a tool such as WinZip or WinRar to access the files.
- January 2015 Kansas SSTP Boundary and Rate Files (01/01/2015 - 03/31/2015) (.zip 4.39MB 550,642 Records)
- October 2014 Kansas SSTP Boundary and Rate Files (10/01/2014 - 12/31/2014) (.zip 4.39MB 548,235 Records)