Petition for Abatement Forms
These Petition for Abatement (PFA) forms are being made available online for the ease and convenience of the taxpayer.
These forms should be used under the specific direction of the Kansas Department of Revenue.
Estas formas deben ser utilizadas bajo la dirección específica del Departamento de Kansas de Renta.
- Petition for Abatement Instructional Checklist - This checklist will help ensure all necessary documents are submitted and address to which to send the PFA to the Kansas Department of Revenue
- Power of Attorney form - If the taxpayer is represented by an attorney, accountant, or other person, this form is required to allow the department to exchange confidential tax information with the taxpayer's representative
- Collectability Petition for Abatement - Taxpayer must complete when requesting a reduction of any business or income tax based on a valid inability to pay
- Validity of Debt Petition for Abatement - Taxpayer must complete when requesting the department accept original business or income tax returns in lieu of final assessments or accept additional information (such as another state's return) after the department adjusted their return and the appeal period has expired in which to respond and submit specific documentation
- Financial Statement - Taxpayer must complete when requesting a reduction of the tax liability or a long term pay plan
- Waiver of Confidentiality - Taxpayer must complete when requesting the department abate a final tax liability of $5,000 or more
Submit completed forms as directed by the department to:
Kansas Department of Revenue
Problem Resolution Team - PFA
P.O. Box 12005
Topeka, KS 66612-2005